Stuck at home? Looking for something new to watch on Netflix? Here are my top picks for what to watch!
If you want to improve your everyday American English
Of course everyone will tell you to watch Friends and How I Met Your Mother, but here are some other ones to consider:
- The Office (US)- especially if you want to improve your business English.
- Love is Blind- this new reality show is a huge hit!
- Gilmore Girls- if you’re an advanced speaker I highly recommend this show. They talk faster than most native speakers!
- Grey’s Anatomy- if you are a medical professional this one is great!
If you wan practice with different accents
Do you want practice listening to different accents? Here are my recommendations!
- The Crown– a great way to practice listening to the British accent!
- Formula 1: Drive to Survive- this show features people from all around the world speaking in English. This is a fantastic way to listen to many different accents.
If you want non-fiction
Do you like to learn something when you watch? Here are my picks!
- Patriot Act with Hasan Minaj- a great modern news style show
- Explained- this great series from Vox will teach you so much!
- Dirty Money– exposes some secrets!
If you like true crime
True Crime has become a popular genre recently, here are some of my favorite true crime documentaries!
- The Staircase- this may seem like a simple, boring story but it is complicated and interesting!
- Wild Wild Country- an incredible story that really happened in the U.S!
- Making a Murderer- a classic true crime story!
What are you watching right now? Let me know below!