These TED videos from the series Small Thing Big Idea, are great for listening practice. They are also great practice for the TOEFL listening test.
Students should watch these videos without stopping and then check for comprehension using the following questions.
- What is a progress bar?
- Are progress bars a new invention?
- What was the software crisis?
- What are some different examples of progress bars in the past? What did they look like?
- What did a study show about the progress bar? How do people feel about progress bars?
- Do you like having a progress bar?
- What do the following idioms mean? watching the grass grow, a watched pot never boils