These TED videos from the series Small Thing Big Idea, are great for listening practice. They are also great practice for the TOEFL listening test.
Students should watch these videos without stopping and then check for comprehension using the following questions.
- Do you use public transportation?
- Do you think subway/metro maps are easy to understand?
- Do you use maps often in you daily life? Why or why not?
- What was wrong with the London Underground Map?
- How was the London Underground Map improved?
- Do you think these maps are universal? Are they like a universal language?
- What was the creator (Beck)’s job? Do you think he was qualified to make the London Underground map?
- What can we learn from this video that we can use in other parts of life?