Here’s a great quick lesson to use with your students on Halloween! This can be a great introduction for newcomers to North America.
Have students watch the video and answer the comprehension questions and discussion questions.
There’s some unusual words in this video so it’s important to go over some fun vocabulary! I recommend hanging larges pieces of blank paper with the vocabulary words written at the top. Have students walk around your classroom and write what they believe these words mean. Review the words as a class before watching the video!
- Where does the name Halloween come from?
- Why do we wear costumes?
- Why do we say Trick or Treat?
- Have you ever celebrated Halloween? Do you have something similar to Halloween in your country?
- Would you want to wear a costume?What would your costume be?
- Have you ever watched a Halloween movie? Have you every watched a scary movie? Do you like movies like this?
- How will you celebrate Halloween this year?