Here’s another video based lesson!
Brainstorm- Write the words Immortal and mortal on the board. Have students come to the board and write words or phrases that they think of seeing these words.
Watch- Have students watch the video. If it’s a lower level class you can play the video with the subtitles or stop the video at one minute marks and check for understanding.
- Have students break into small groups and discuss the following questions.
- What does the quote “Beauty is a curse” mean? Do you agree or disagree and why?
- What are some words you would use to describe Psyche? Cupid? Venus?
- Do you think Psyche is a strong character? Why or why not?
- After watching the video what do you think the words Immortal and mortal mean?
- Writing- Have students write a short response based on this question: Greek myths often have morals, or a lesson that you learn from the story. What do you think the moral of this myth is?