Learning slang can be just as important as learning traditional idioms. Here are a few common examples of slang and modern idioms used in American English conversation, movies, and TV shows. These phrases are best for advanced learners.
Post your own examples below!
- Ace- to do very well at an activity
- I did so well on that English test, I aced it!
- To pull all nighter- to work or study through the night without sleeping
- I had so much studying to do yesterday I had to pull an all nighter. I am exhausted!
- Couch potato- someone who does not exercise and likes to sit on the couch and watch TV
- After work I like relaxing and being a couch potato.